UK & Ireland Road Speeds – INRIX
The UK & Ireland Road Speeds data is available at street level and provides speed and traffic volume attributes with a unique ID linking the data to your chosen network. Choose road speeds by vehicle type (e.g. cars, vans or trucks) and by time of day such as peak or off-peak and more. You must have a current licence for the road network.
Speeds and Speeds Plus
- Speeds for every UK & Ireland road link in your chosen road network
- By vehicle type (e.g. cars, vans or trucks)
- By time of day (e.g. all day, AM peak, PM peak, average peak, off-peak or nighttime)
- Speeds averaged across the week, just weekdays or just weekends
- Data is collated from billions of GPS signals
- 98% of the total road length is covered by raw collected readings
- Can be linked to your preferred road network via a unique ID (map data must be licenced)
- Per-user, per-vehicle, per-transaction (internet use) licences available
Traffic volume index
- Shows the relative volume of moving vehicles on each street in United Kingdom and Ireland.
- There are 16 different index values
Data Type: Attributes to append to road links
Click image to enlarge display
INRIX Speeds: speeds by vehicle type
INRIX Speeds Plus: speeds by vehicle type and also by time of day
INRIX Traffic Volume Index: A single value for each road link indicating the relative volume of traffic using that road link
INRIX Bespoke Speeds: Seasonality, time of day, vehicle type – you specify!
INRIX Speeds and Speeds Plus products are available for HERE; ITN or AMD National Mapping
How is it used?
- Routing and scheduling / route plan optimisation
- Estimating delivery times
- Planning service level agreements
- Determining the best sequence to make visits, deliveries or collections
- Calculating drive time isochrones
- Creating accurate catchments for store location analysis
- Creating territories
All speed attributes are available for cars, vans; or trucks; or combined e.g. cars, vans and trucks.
- Road link ID
- Average off peak speed
- Road link ID
- Peak AM speed (7am-9am) across the whole week, for Mon-Fri, for Sat-Sun
- Peak PM speed (4pm-7pm) across the whole week, for Mon-Fri, for Sat-Sun
- Peak (7am-9am and 4pm-7pm) across the whole week, for Mon-Fri, for Sat-Sun
- Off-peak speed (9am -4pm) across the whole week, for Mon-Fri, for Sat-Sun
- Nighttime speed (7pm-7am) across the whole week, for Mon-Fri, for Sat-Sun
Republic of Ireland