Drivetime & Distance Matrices – AMD
Derived from OS Meridian 2 road mapping, this product offers drive time estimates and distances between origins and destinations. Standard options included from every postcode sector to every other postcode sector in Great Britain or from town to town, but if you would like a time and distance matrix between each of your data points (e.g. customer and/or depots) or for towns in other countries, we can also create bespoke matrices. Full matrix will be supplied with each location appearing as both destination and origin for fast querying and simple incorporation into your own application.
- Includes each location as origin and destination (e.g. Birmingham to Reading and Reading to Birmingham)
- Uses street level road network to calculate times and distance accurately
- Updated regularly - especially important for postcode sector matrices
- At very detailed level, resulting file will be large so discuss with our experts if you need unit postcode matrix or drive time matrix for large customer list.
- Created by allmapdata from CACI
How is it used?
- Add journey time estimates to your transport management system
- Insert ready made drive time calculations into your gravity model
- Distance dependent cost estimates for delivery and service provision
- From location (origin) e.g. town, customer postcode or postcode sector
- To location (destination) e.g. town, customer postcode or postcode sector
- Distance (km)
- Time (minutes) off-peak speeds used unless other speed specified