GB 1:50,000 raster with gazetteer – OS
Ordnance Survey quality cartographic styling makes this comprehensive map base ideal for detailed work where street names are not required. Complete with roads, footpaths, woods, railways (with embankments), important buildings and contours, the content and styling reflects that of the OS Landranger paper maps from which it is derived.
To enable you to navigate around your map, allmapdata also provides a place-name gazetteer to enable you to easily navigate around the map and to identify over 250,000 places including airports, farms, hills, woodlands, commons and other places, including over 42,000 towns, county names and settlements.
- Familiar Ordnance Survey look and feel with traditional Great Britain colouring e.g. blue motorways
- Includes gazetteer with location names in both English and (where appropriate) Welsh
- Over 250,000 entries in gazetteer including places, woodlands and farms, for example
- Great Britain only (not Northern Ireland)
How is it used?
- Backdrop to delivery routes
- Location mapping
- Presenting results (e.g. as a background to shaded maps of sales performance or demographic characteristics
- Backdrop for territory mapping and site location analysis
- Street level data (streets not named)
- Railways with embankments, cuttings and stations
- Water features
- Points of interest including un-named schools and places of worship
- Woodlands and forests
- Other land-use, contours and some footpaths
- Includes grid and styling as seen on the paper OS Landranger maps (the paper maps are produced from this dataset).
- Accompanying gazetteer includes 250,000 airports, farms, hills, woodlands, commons and other places, including over 42,000 towns, county names and settlements.
Raster data consists of:
- Individual raster image files
- Compatible geo-referencing files
- Projection files / workspace type files needed to ensure your data displays in your chosen GIS package.