Northern Ireland 1:50,000 – OSNI
This 1:50,000 gazetteer for Northern Ireland is originated by OSNI (Ordnance Survey Northern Ireland). It includes geocoded points of interest (POIs) and settlement names. Towns include an indication of the town size (in 6 bands) and X & Y co-ordinates.
- Includes detailed places such as waterfalls and small villages as well as cities and townlands etc.
- Northern Ireland Only
- Includes co-ordinates so can be used to geocode
How is it used?
- Navigating around your map
- Geocoding at town level
- Finding locations that are often not included on small scale mapping e.g. villages, cycle trails, canal features and some cottage names
- X & Y co-ordinates
- Category (e.g. townland, bay, canal, road bridge, antiquity)