OS Education Boundaries, GB
The OS Education Boundaries dataset contains the names of the schools across Great Britain, their classification as primary or secondary schools, unique ID codes for each and polygons visually indicating these primary and secondary schools' boundaries.
This dataset is excellent for both marketing and geospatial research. Users can import the points data into a GIS and use it to run various geographical queries to answer essential marketing and research questions like:
- “How many convenience stores are there within 10 minutes’ walk of a high school?”
- “How many people fall within 25 minutes’ walk of each primary school?”
- “Where are the boundaries of individual schools?”
- “Which roads run past schools, within a certain distance?”
Retailers can use the student count attributes to visualise clusters of where many pupils across multiple schools are in order to understand which stores should be supplied with age-appropriate stock. Alternatively, this data is for councils to build school catchment areas for admissions or contractors who need to ensure that their construction project work doesn’t take place within a specific distance of the school grounds.
OS Education Boundaries are available in most common GIS formats including Geoconcept, MapInfo TAB, ESRI Shapefile (.shp) and in CSV format. If required, allmapdata can directly provide the data in other GIS, ‘flat’, or database formats.
How is it used?
- Use this data to target your advertising to the school going demographic
- Explore areas with large amounts of schools in order to decide where to establish a store or facility
- Use this data to improve the safety of your public road network
- Unique school ID’s
- The official names of the educational establishments
- Main object category
- Classification of educational establishment
- Feature Code for the educational category
- School boundary polygons for visual geospatial representation