UK Postcode Sector, District & Area Boundaries – AMD
About ProductVery accurate UK postcode sector, district and area boundaries originated by the allmapdata team and available with a wide range of licence options including internet use.
- Choice of low or high resolution postcode boundaries
- Lower price than competing products
- Covers UK including Northern Ireland
- British National Grid and latitude/longitude coordinates both provided
- Low resolution option increases drawing speed so ideal for online applications
- High resolution option is more precise than competing products (many more unit postcodes fall within the correct sector)
- Annual licence includes updates
Data Type: Vector Boundaries
Click image to enlarge display
MM Pro high resolution postcode sector, district and area boundaries and centroids: Created using AMD Unit postcode points and detailed Ordnance Survey street mapping, these boundaries are digitised at 1:10,000 scale.
MM Pro high resolution postcode district and area boundaries and centroids: A lower priced subset of data that omits the postcode sectors.
MM low resolution postcode sector, district and area boundaries and centroids: Created from the AMD Pro product, these boundaries have had complex intermediate vertices removed, allowing quicker drawing times and online applications. These reduced boundaries still contain the same attributes and records as the Pro product, and have only lost 1% accuracy as a result of their simplification.
How is it used?
- Combining boundaries and balancing counts to create and manage territories
- Shading according to your own data values to create thematic mapping and identify trends, monitor performance etc.
- Market and site location analysis (use combined with many different geodemographic data sets)
- Calculating how many points lie within an area, e.g. Which customers or competitors lie within which postcode area or territory created from these boundaries (High resolution AMD Pro recommended for this use).
- Internet applications e.g. delivery, service or dealership territories
- Postcode sector boundaries & centroids (e.g. HR6 9)
- Postcode district boundaries & centroids (e.g. HR6)
- Postcode area boundaries & centroids (e.g. HR)
- Postcode name in ‘commercial’ format e.g. TW8 8
- Postcode name in structured format e.g. TW 8 8
- The count of unit postcodes contained within each boundary
- Area covered by postcode sector in square kilometres
- Area covered by postcode sector in square miles
- latitude/longitude coordinates
- British National Grid Eastings and Northings (x,y)
Channel Islands – Jersey, Guernsey
Isle of Man