What are cookies?
Cookies are small files placed on your computer or other web access device (such and phones and tablets) as you browse this website. They record information about who accesses our websites so that we can make sure we are providing the best information and services to our visitors and can improve the content we deliver.
Information is used to find out who accesses our websites and which pages they view. It does not contain personal information such as name, address or contact details. We are able monitor individual customer browsing behaviour but third parties are not able to identify customers using these cookies.
Who sets them?
The cookies stored on your computer or device when you access this website are set by Mapmechanics or third party partners who help deliver content or compile website statistics for us. These partners do not collect personal data which can identify users.
What are they for?
Can I disable cookies?
To disable cookies you will need to change some of your browser settings. This is done in different ways in different browsers and programs and the instructions should be available in the help section of your program. Some of the more common ones are described below.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- 1 Open the ‘Tools’ menu, then ‘Internet Options’
- 2 Select the ‘privacy’ tab
- 3 Select the appropriate security level in ‘Settings’
- 4 Click on the ‘Apply’ button
- 1 Open the ‘Tools’ menu, then ‘Options’
- 2 Under the ‘History’ section select ‘Use custom settings for history’ from the drop down menu
- 3 Uncheck ‘Accept cookies from sites’ checkbox
- 4 Click on the ‘Ok’ button
- 1 Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar or navigate the menu
- 2 Select ‘Settings’
- 3 Click ‘Show advanced settings’
- 4 Under ‘Privacy’, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- 5 In the ‘Cookies’ section select ‘Block sites from setting any data’
Please note that different versions of browsers may have different ways of blocking setting and these may change.