Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
You are offered access to this Website only in accordance with these terms and conditions (the “Conditions”). All purchases made through this Website will also be subject to these Conditions. By accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by these Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Conditions you may not access or use this Website in any way.
By accessing and or using this Website in any way you confirm that:
- All information which you provide to us, MapMechanics, through this Website, including any personal information (“Personal Information”) contained in any registration process which you complete is true, accurate and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by updating your 'My Account' pages or by contacting the MapMechanics team. You can call us on +44 (0)20 8568 7000 during office hours or send us an email at email@example.com.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use; and.
- You are an individual, acting on their own behalf or authorised to act on behalf of a firm or company and that any purchases which you seek to make through this Website will be made for the purpose of and for use in connection with a business, trade or profession and not as a consumer for personal, non-business use.
Making a purchase of software or data through this Website
- On this Website we describe various software and data products (the “Product(s)”) which we choose to make available for license by individuals, partnerships or companies for the purposes of their businesses, professions or trades. We do not offer Products for use by consumers for personal non-business use. You will only be able to purchase such a licence in accordance with these Conditions.
- You will be required on the purchase pages to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of the written licence agreement (the “Licence Agreement”). Each product description page includes the option to request a copy of the Licence Agreement for that Product and when that Product will be dispatched to you, (whether as a disc by post or electronically for download) a copy of the Licence Agreement(s) will be included with the Product(s). Please note the terms and conditions of the Licence Agreements will differ according to the product chosen.
- As soon as you either:
- break the seal around the disc; or
- commence the download of the product;
you will be deemed to have accepted all the terms and conditions of the Licence Agreement.
- If, when you receive the Product, you do not wish to agree to the Licence Agreement you may within 14 days of receiving the Product return the Product unopened together with the Licence Agreement and any documents and packaging to us with a request for a refund.
- If you keep the product for more than 14 days from the day on which you receive it you will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of the Licence Agreement.
- When placing an order for a purchase you will be required to pay the relevant price via one of the payment options made available to you on the checkout page.
- If you proceed to check out and complete the payment routines we will respond to your purchase request and will generally be able to accept your request. However, it is entirely at our discretion whether we do so, and if for any reason we are unable to do so we will immediately advise you of this and process a refund of any payment which you have made.
- The price of any Product quoted on this Website relate solely to that Product being sold via this Website and not from any other business operated by MapMechanics. Prices quoted on this Website are subject to change.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any Product which you order corresponds with your requirements. Any discrepancy should be reported immediately to MapMechanics.
- You may contact MapMechanics to request a refund either:
- at any time before you receive the Product; or
- at any time within 14 days of the day on which you receive the Product if you have not broken the seal or downloaded the Product.
- To obtain your refund you will need to return the Product unopened and unused (whether delivered electronically or on a disc by post) together with the Licence Agreement, any documents, packaging and proof of payment to MapMechanics.
- If for any reason you require a refund after you have broken the seal on a Product disc, or commenced downloading a Product delivered electronically, please contact MapMechanics and we will advise you whether this is possible in the circumstances.
- In the event that of any errors regarding price or description, then MapMechanics will notify the Customer as soon as possible and provide the Customer with the option to either proceed with a revised order at the correct price/description, or to cancel the order. In these circumstances, MapMechanics’ liability shall be limited to providing a full refund.
Promotional discounts offered on, or for use on this Website, are valid only for use as part of a purchase made through this Website unless otherwise stated. MapMechanics may, at its sole discretion, agree to treat such a promotional discount as valid for use in relation to a purchase made by telephone.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part of it) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you, or any third party, for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/ or
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, your access to this Website or any part of it , with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you, or any third party, as a result of any such modification or withdrawal; or
- change the Conditions from time to time. If, after any such change, you continue to access and or use this Website you shall be deemed to have agreed to that change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions, then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- decline to accept an order from any individual, company or organisation, at our sole discretion.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material and/or content comprised in or displayed on this Website shall remain, at all times, vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for the purpose of facilitating your communication and relationship with us and that you may, if necessary for that purpose, download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to, and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of Liability
Whilst MapMechanics will endeavour to ensure that all information displayed on this Website is correct, we cannot warrant its completeness or accuracy. This Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we make no representations or warranties or any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website or any transactions that may be conducted on or through the Website, including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranties that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represent the full functionality, accuracy, or reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liability to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
You agree, that unless otherwise stated, in these Conditions MapMechanics will not be liable to you or any other party for any direct or indirect loss or damage including, but not limited to, economic loss such as loss of profit, business, contracts, data, goodwill, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under these Conditions or in relation to this Website arising under these Conditions, or in relation to, or as a result of reliance by you upon this Website whether such liability would otherwise have arisen in tort, contract, or otherwise.
Our liability under these Conditions is limited to a refund of the price of the relevant Product. In the event that we become liable to you in any way, in accordance with the terms and conditions of any Licence Agreement, our liability shall not exceed the amount stated in that Licence Agreement.
These Conditions shall not exclude or limit our liability for death, or personal injury, caused by our negligence, or that of our agents or employees, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
MapMechanics’ company details
MapMechanics is the trading name of Kingswood Limited a private limited company registered in England (Number 2129484) and the registered office address is Canal Court, 155 High Street, Brentford, United Kingdom, TW8 8JA. Kingswood Limited is registered for VAT (number 460 8410 61)
MapMechanics, Canal Court, 155 High Street, Brentford, United Kingdom, TW8 8JA
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8568 7000